Dinner tonight :)
Quinoa veggie pan-fried cakes & tzatziki yogurt sauce. (+ sriracha!)
I basically followed this recipe, and substituted corn and carrots for spinach.
Black Bean & Corn Quinoa
- 3/4 of an onion
- 3/4 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans
- 1 small can of corn
- salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin to taste
- oil for sautéing
1. Set a large pan on medium heat and add some oil.
2. Dice the onion and place in the pan. Add some salt and cook until it begins to brown on the edges.
3. Pour in broth and spices. Mix well.
4. Add the quinoa and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then cover.
5. Let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add rinsed corn and black beans. Let it warm through for 5 more minutes. The quinoa is finished when the outside has become translucent.
I shredded some parmesan cheese (otherwise this is a vegan dish) and squirted a little sriracha on it for the photo. Optional but good if you have them!