Spicy Vegetarian Black Bean Burger Recipe
- 1 can black bean
- 2/3 cup breadcrumb
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 1/3 red bell pepper
Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Chilli Powder, Sriracha or Chipotle Sauce, Garlic Powder
1. Finely chop onion and pepper, sautee until brown with salt. Turn off heat and set aside.
2. Rinse black beans and dry. Use a fork and mash the black beans into a bowl. Crack in the egg. Then, use an electric hand mixer to beat into a chunky consistency.
3. Add pepper to taste, and 1 tsp of cumin, chilli powder, chipotle sauce (see here) or sriracha.
4. Pour in your (cooled) onion & peppers, and knead breadcrumb into the mixture gradually with your hands. Add more breadcrumb if it seems too wet still.
5. Wash your sautee pan and put it back on the heat with some oil. Brown burgers on both sides.
Great with or without bun. I added a little bit of sharp cheddar, ketchup, and sour cream on the side. Enjoy :)