Granola is my favorite snack but as you know it is ridiculously expensive in stores, even for plain/simple combinations! Making your own is the way to go.
Toasted Fruit & Nut Granola Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup dry fruit (I had a mixed bag)
- 1/2 cup nuts (I used walnuts and slivered almonds)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of ginger
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- splash of maple syrup
Preheat your oven to 325.
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Combine all wet ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring.
3. Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula.
4. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and distribute the mixture evenly.
5. Toast granola for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. The granola will finish hardening after it is taken out of the oven.
I like really crunchy granola, so 40 minutes may be too long for you depending on your texture preference. Also, I drizzled a little bit of caramel onto the finished product!
I had my first macaroon today :)
They were so delicious.